09 Mar A Letter from Hamilton East Public Library about COVID-19
Dear Library Patrons,
We are aware of the recent diagnosis of COVID-19 in surrounding areas, and want to share how we are addressing the concerns over Coronavirus in our public spaces:
- Elevated cleaning measures in all buildings
- Reminders for staff and patrons of proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Covering coughs and sneezes with something other than your hand
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Routine wiping and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces
- Staff are encouraged to stay home if they are ill or have a fever
Additionally, we would like to remind visitors that libraries are shared public spaces. For the health and safety of others, please be thoughtful about coming into a library if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms. (See symptoms here.) Please do your part to stop the spread of germs and disease.
Finally, the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) recommends you contact the Epidemiology Resource Center at 317-233-7125 [317-233-1325 after hours] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience symptoms such as fever, cough and shortness of breath and have a recent history of travel to China or contact with someone suspected of having COVID-19. The ISDH can then direct you to a hospital that is prepared for your arrival and testing.
Please visit the CDC website for more information.
The Hamilton East Public Library