03 Apr Fishers Library Update: More Spaces Opening!
Fishers Library Update: More Spaces Opening!
Great news! The Fishers Library is moving forward with repairs and restoration in the next stage of our construction. We have worked and planned as quickly and carefully as possible to re-open after the massive water damage from the sprinkler pipe bursting in January. We are pleased to announce this increased accessibility will begin Friday, April 6th.
What should you expect?
- The front doors will be re-opened.
- Access to the Adult Services section, which will allow for the following:
- Eight (8) public computers with printing capability
- Scanner services to email & USB
- Copy machine services
- Browsing for:
- Large Print
- Audio books
- Graphic novels
- Music CDs
- All new materials
- Youth Services collections, services, and programs, including Teen Programs (see below) will continue.
- Previously reserved meeting rooms–please use the East Entrance and parking lot to more easily access these rooms.
- Holds, checkouts, and card services will continue to be available primarily in the Youth Services section.
- Vending machine services will resume.
What will be limited or unavailable during construction?
- All private study rooms outside of the Youth Services section remain unavailable for the duration of the construction.
- Fishers Teen materials and space will be offline during this construction phase.
- Teen materials will be limited to items from the Noblesville location and retrievable using our holds process.
- Access and use of the lower level of the Fishers Library will remain closed for the duration.
We appreciate the continued patience and support from our amazing community during this time. We understand how challenging this has been as we strive to get back to business as usual. We continue to provide as many services and programs as we can during this stage of construction and appreciate feedback and suggestions as we move forward. Please direct any questions or concerns to Beth Meyer at 317-579-0311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.