10 Jun We’re Reopening With Care the Week of June 15th
We have missed you! Beginning the week of June 15th, we are ready to reopen our buildings with limited services, new hours, and with care! So, what can you expect when you come inside our library buildings? —Change! Open spaces designed for social distancing, fewer desks and less seating, public computers and printers reconfigured to provide social distancing, floor tape at self-checkout stations to denote social distancing, hand sanitizer & disinfectant wipes around the buildings for public use, new cleaning & hygiene protocols, and staff wearing their face coverings with huge smiles underneath to welcome you back.
- Monday-Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Changes to Curbside Service
For our at-risk and vulnerable patrons, we will continue our curbside service with some changes. Once you receive an email or text notification that you have available holds, you will need to make an appointment by calling 317-579-0301 in Fishers; and 317-770-3210 in Noblesville. When you arrive at the library for your contact-free appointment, follow the signs to the reserved curbside parking spots and follow the instructions located there. This is a contact-free service for those most at-risk.
For those who are able, we ask that you park and come in to our buildings to checkout materials, pick up your holds, creativity packs (while supplies last) and seed packs—no appointment is necessary. For now, our buildings will be closed on Sundays.
Here are a few thoughts to prepare for your visit:
- When you arrive, exterior signage will inform you of the limited services we have available, our new hours, and warning signs not to enter if you are sick or symptomatic.
- We respectfully request that all visitors wear face coverings. If you don’t have one, face coverings are available free of charge for your visit. Just ask a staff member.
- Feel free to browse our stacks while practicing social distancing and wearing your face covering.
- Library card signup will be available at designated registration stations, separate from our service desks.
- We are phasing-in library services and materials for a responsible restart. For now, toys, games, interactives, in-person programming, meeting rooms, study rooms, and the Ignite Kit Library will not be available.
- Our robust variety of virtual programming for all ages will continue and our calendar of virtual programming can be accessed here. Registration is required. A copy of our June/July 2020 virtual calendar will be available at our public service desks, where you may also pick up a copy of our 2020 Summer Reading Program
- Staff will clean proactively by wiping down high-touch surfaces and objects. Deep cleaning will occur daily by our janitorial vendor in accordance with our new cleaning and hygiene protocols.
We hope this helps you envision of what to expect when you come into our library buildings. However, the best way to see inside our buildings and access our library books, is to visit. For more information and updates on our “Reopening Day” visit our website here and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
The Hamilton East Public Library