27 Jan Teen Writing Challenge: Love
By Rachel Ratajski
The theme for HEPL’s next Teen Writing Challenge is love! This can be any kind of love – friendship, family, pets, romance.
Teen writers can submit an original, love-themed short story for HEPL’s 4th Teen Writing Challenge!
|WHO:||Teens living in or attending school in Fishers or Noblesville (and/or Delaware, Fall Creek, Noblesville, or Wayne township)|
|WHEN:||Entries are due Friday, March 31, 2023 by 8:00pm|
|WHAT:||An original short story|
|WINNERS:||1st, 2nd, 3rd receive gift cards of $50, $30, $25, respectively (winners can choose gift cards from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Target, or Starbucks)|
- Only one entry per person
- Entries must be in the form of a short story
- Submissions must be original works and not plagiarized
- Entries must be 3,000 words or less
- Content should be age-appropriate
- Entries must include the author’s NAME, GRADE, SCHOOL, EMAIL, PHONE #, and ADDRESS
- Entries must be typed and submitted via email to Rachel Ratajski, email@example.com
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, March 31, 2023 by 8:00pm
- Judges for the contest will be a mixed panel of HEPL staff (adults) and Teen Advisory Board members (teens) who do not have entries in the contest
- Submissions will be judged anonymously with only the author’s grade level visible to judges (grade level/age of author will be considered when judging)
- Judges will be looking at the following criteria:
- 3,000 words or less
- Story is reflective of love theme
- Content is age-appropriate
- Organization and flow of the work
- Overall entertainment and readability
Winners will be announced Tuesday, April 25, 2023. Winning authors will be asked to return a signed permission form allowing HEPL to post their awesome work on our website.
Just remember, you can’t win if you don’t participate, so what do you have to lose?! We can’t wait to read your stories! Good luck!
If you have any questions about the contest, please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org