15 Jun I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream (And Good Books)
Posted at 08:00h in Staff Picks For Teens
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream (And Good Books)
By: Anders Arnold
Summer is here and it’s time to cheer. The sun is out & we can all use a frozen tasty treat. And a sweet book is a great companion to a heaping bowl, or overstuffed cone, of ice cream. July is National Ice Cream Month and National Ice Cream Day is on the 19th. Be sure to check with your local restaurants and parlors as many may have special deals (and free ice cream!) to help celebrate this delicious holiday.
Wanna learn more about National Ice Cream Day?
Here are some teen titles to help satisfy your sweet tooth:
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (YA Fic & Overdrive audiobook)
- Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian (YA Fic & Hoopla audiobook)
- Revenge, Ice Cream & Other Things Best Served Cold by Katie Finn (YA Fic)
- If I Told You So by Timothy Woodward (YA Fic & Hoopla ebook)
Kids books for a nice mint chocolatey chip dessert:
- Vanilla Ice Cream by Bob Graham (Picture Book)
- Saffron Ice Cream by Rashin Kheiriyeh (Picture Book & ebook)
- Splat the Cat: I Scream for Ice Cream by Rick Scotton (I Can Read & Hoopla ebook/audiobook)
- Scream for Ice Cream by Carolyn Keene (Chapter Book)
- Sundae My Prince Will Come by Suzanne Nelson (j Fiction)
- The Ice Cream Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner (j Fiction & Hoopla ebook/audiobook)
- The Scoop on Ice Cream by Bonnie Williams (j Nonfiction) Too many?
Hey kiddos (& parents), here’s a sweet series to check out:
Gather round, gather round cuz it’s time to get down…and make some homemade ice cream! For great DIY tips, click here.
Looking for more creative ideas?
- Below are a few scoops of fantastic recipes sprinkled with yummy awesomeness…enjoy!
- Sweet Spot: An Ice Cream Binge Across America by Amy Ettinger (641.862 Ett 2017)
- A la mode by Bruce Weinstein (641.8652 Wei 2016)
- Ample Hills Creamery by Brian Smith (641.862 Smi 2014 & Hoopla ebook)
- Coolhaus Ice Cream Book by Natasha Case (641.862 Cas 2014 & Hoopla ebook)
- The Ultimate Guide to Homemade Ice Cream by Jan Hedh (641.862 Hed 2012 & Hoopla ebook)
Hope you enjoyed this magical ride on the vanilla bean highway with chocolate chip cookie dough as our copilot. Remember to celebrate this summer to the absolute fullest. Add some hot fudge fun with your family and a few scoops of laughter to help keep the sun shining throughout the whole month of July. Stay safe, wash your hands frequently, and keep reading!