29 Nov Enjoy the Season’s Savings with Your HEPL Library Card
We are loving the Season of Giving celebrations happening at the library during this time of year! You’re helping us raise funds and supplies for HamCoLove and our local townships, pack meals for IDES, create handmade gifts, and more. Every year, you also give to the library through your tax dollars. We’re grateful for your support that enables us to provide materials and resources for our Hamilton County community. Statistically, the average shopper spends over $400 during Black Friday weekend, so let’s look at all the ways you can SAVE instead with your library card!
Books, Movies, Programs, and more
The library is here to support you, in your information and entertainment needs, your well-being, and your budgeting. Here are a few services you can use at the library to free up some of your time, energy, and dollars!
- Visit the library to get free internet access to complete job applications, browse the web, or complete homework assignments. (Value: $45+/month)
- No home printer? No problem! You can make prints/copies at the library for only $0.10 for B&W or $0.25 for color. And, we reorder printing supplies for you, so you don’t have to worry about the yellow cartridge drying up! (Value for printer ink pack and paper: $80)
- Meet with your team or get some work done out of the office at a library study room or meeting room. (Value for coworking space membership: $75/month)
Don’t forget all the bestseller books, new release movies and music, and magazine and newspaper subscriptions available to you! We could go on and on about the programs, children’s books, large print books, board games, mobile hotspots, museum passes, genealogy databases, and more. Instead, explore our website to discover everything free for your use online and in-person at HEPL.
Digital Media Lab
The holiday season is always a wonderful time of year to make memories with family, friends, and loved ones. Our Digital Media Lab in Noblesville provides technology for in-library use and for check-out to help you do just that!
- Want to watch those old videos on VHS or reel-to-reel but no longer have equipment that works? You can digitize these priceless videos so you can watch them again on devices ranging from your smartphone to your laptop! Our scanner will also produce beautiful digital images of your old pictures and slides. (Value: $300+)
- Need a great family picture during the season but are stretched thin with your budget? Check out a professional DSLR camera (along with a tripod) to get that perfect family portrait. (Value $420)
- Hoping to capture a great view from your skiing or sledding adventures over the winter? We’ve got a GoPro (with all the accessories), so you’ll never forget what it was like traveling at top speed down the hills! (Value: $425)
Make the last few months of the year memorable and preserve the wonderful memories you’ll make with loved ones by utilizing all the free equipment available to you at the library!
If you haven’t been down to the Ignite Studio in Fishers Library, what are you waiting for! Experience a makerspace specially curated for discovery and collaboration through unique art and the creative process.
- Use our two 3D printers, laser engraver, and vinyl cutter with a heat press clam shell in the Fabrication Lab. Design and print your own 3D objects, cut and engrave with laser precision, or make your next professional-quality sign or t-shirt. (Value: $8,000+)
- Spark your creativity with a maker kit from our Kit Library. These 50+ fully stocked kits provide all the supplies and tools needed to try a variety of activities, including stop motion animation, calligraphy, and coding. (Value: $50-$150/kit)
- Take advantage of our audio/video production studio to record your next project. This suite includes free access to audio and video production equipment, mixing console, microphones and cabling, high-end cameras, lighting equipment, a green screen, and more. (Value for studio rental cost: around $35-$60/hr.)
Get creative and try new things at our Ignite Studio, and remember you can always get a free consultation and training from our wonderful Ignite staff!
Save Big at The Library So You Can Give Back to Your Community
We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of all the savings that are yours at HEPL! Hopefully, you’ve already spotted something that you’d like to check out for yourself. Since today is also Giving Tuesday, here’s a few ways you can keep supporting your library and our local area nonprofits:
- Volunteer at the library (teens and adults)
- Donate your gently used items to the library
- Join the Friends of the Library
- Use your library! Keeping an active card, attending programs, and visiting us in-person and online all helps to keep the library resources and savings coming your way.
- Support local nonprofits in the cities of Fishers and Noblesville
- Participate in Shop Fishers this holiday season
If you don’t have a library card yet, be sure to sign up and save! Keep an eye out on our social media to see more ways you can save with your library card. In this Season of Giving, we’re thankful for YOU!